Pages

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Last Post of 2014!

Hello,

I wanted to use my last post of 2014 to say thank you to those of you who visit my blog regularly and who take the time to leave comments on my cards.

I haven't blogged as often as I would like to this year and I am so grateful for your continued support and for leaving such wonderful, encouraging comments on my creations.
I wish you and your families all the best for the new year and I hope it will continue to be very crafty for all of you!


I also want to use this post to share some pictures that were taken when my son's girlfriend Kelly came over from the USA to visit us for 10 days in July. James and Kelly met for the first time in March 2014 when my hubby accompanied James to the USA for 10 days and then Kelly came over on her own, to stay with us for 10 days.

We bought some balloons to welcome her to our home and we had them personalised at our local balloon shop

I also decorated a plain brown gift bag which we filled with hand picked gifts

Hand picked gifts that we chose for Kelly

After Kelly returned to the USA, I decided to make an exploding box containing pictures of her trip to the UK, for her to keep as a memory of her first trip to England

Exploding box - Top Layer
Kelly's Arrival at Heathrow
Hell Fire Caves
Paradise Park Wildlife Park

Exploding Box - Middle Layer
Thorpe Park
Bodiam Castle
Hastings

Exploding Box - Bottom Layer
Trip to London including a ride on the London Eye

Hand made card sent to Kelly with the Exploding Box

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous box and a brilliant way to show off all your fabulous memories.
Wishing you a very happy, healthy and crafty 2015.
Lorraine x

catherine said...

Wishing you and your family Donna a very happy new Year and all the best for 2015.
These are fabulous pics and you made some fantastic gifts for your visitor.
x catherine

Catherine said...

I loooove what you made for Kelly, Donna ! She must have been thrilled to bits ! Happy New Year to you too my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

*Vicki* said...

Such a lovely post my friend and what amazing photos and projects you've shared!! What a great way to take a look back on the year! :) Wishing you a Happy & Healthy New Year in 2015! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Sophie said...

Absolutely love this post! So lovely to look back on some of the memories we had whilst Kelly was over - Happy New Year mum! xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

A gorgeous box Donna! Wishing you a very happy 2015!
Helena xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creations here Donna, fabulous design and gorgeous colour tones.May 2015 bring everything wonderful to you.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Doodles! Happy New Year. Wishing you every happiness for 2015. Love you. Love the new look too. And I can see why you are proud of these fab projects x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, these are simply stunning :0) I hope she enjoyed her visit hugs Pops x

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Donna, Kelly is so blessed to have your family in her life. This explosion box I am sure is just so treasured by her and I just adore the personal little gift bag.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Wendy said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year Donna. Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous fabulous creations in 2015.
Fabulous creations love your gorgeous box such a special keepsake.
Hugs
Wendy xx